Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November's End, notes from the Rogue


 


 










   Did not get a lot of surf in November. None actually, since that first week.  I've watched the surf cam with longing the past few days, especially as the recent mild weather (60's and some 70 degree days) has boosted the surf temps into the lower fifties.  The holidays have been quite busy.  Drove to Chi-Town for Thanksgiving, bringing my Girl back with me for the week following.  Before I left I checked the reports...very flat. So, I'm thinkin', "good, I ain't missin' nothin'."  Black Friday brought some killer chest plus surf. Whataya do?  As it was, I had an awesome time.  The drive back included a special side trip to the surf town of St. Joseph, MI on the Third Coast shore of Lake Michigan,(that's what we do...we can't just drive straight...boring).
Lake Michigan dribs and drabs, 11/25


The following weekend brought in small surf to the East again...but we still checked it while cruising the MD/DE beach strip Christmas shopping.  The upcoming weekend has us in Naples, FL for my brother's 50th.  Busy, busy, busy.  I will get in at least one more time before year end.  Gotta.
Sandy's infliction: OC ankle-biters nip at the remnants of the Inlet pier, 12/1.
Nachos at the Big Chill, Rehoboth, DE, 12/1




































   Taking in one of the last of my autumn brews, I had a very good French Style Ale (a Bie're de Garde) called Domaine DuPage.  Brewed by Two Brothers out of Warrenville, IL, this is a foodies beer at 5.9% ABV, smooth enough to pair with most anything, and with 24 IBUs, enough hops to finish off the palate.  Starts off with a sweet caramel malty taste with a just noticeable hop ending.  Amber pour with a one finger head.  I rated it a B+.
"Some people wanted champagne and caviar
when they should have had beer and hot dogs!"
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

No comments:

Post a Comment