Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Empty Town, Empty Surf...notes from the Rogue

Got a cannon?  Empty OC, Early January, 2013
















Nada...zip.












   My grandfather used to say that you could shoot a cannonball down the center of Coastal Highway during an Ocean City winter and not hit a thing.  Even today, at times, a very true observation.  The Atlantic flatties have been so bad this month, I believe one would be hard pressed on a longboard even. SUP time!  Water's in the lower 40's. Not my bag. Get me about five, six degrees warmer, I'd go lookin' for a groove.

   The now groove-line, Barrel Trolley Pale Ale No. 3.  5.3% ABV, 35 IBUs.  Barrel Trolley brewing out of Novato, CA brews this English Pale reminiscent of the Prohibition days when "getting a beer was a clandestine process."  Pours a cloudy amber with a light tan 2 finger head. Biscuit-like malt combines with a hoppiness that has traces of mint and the more prevalent pine in the taste and you can smell the familiar floral scent of the hops as you knock it back.  A bitterness that is refreshing, but a bit dry in the finish.  A better Pale than I've had for a while.  Gave it a B rating.  I'd do another.
"I've always believed that paradise
will have my favorite beer on tap."
-Rudyard Wheatley, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment