Monday, December 9, 2013

Hold On, notes from the Rogue

"Hold on, baby, hold on. 'Cause it's closer than you think.  And you're standing on the brink."  -Kansas
Lone left.  12/7
   Holding on to the thought that I've got one more sesh comin' before it becomes "too cold." It, of course, being the water temps.  I'll deal with the colder air.  I monitor the ocean.  Still in the 50's.  Got to hold on.  This week? Fighting off a head cold.  Tempted though.  Waist to chest high semi-bumpy sets.  Winds, on shore out of the north. Couple guys out.  Not real heavy.  Already second guessing.
     Used the weekend to catch the OC Old Town deco and get some Christmas shoppin' done.

































Old Town Ocean City used to light 'em up at Christmas, but as the Northside has developed and the economy pinched the local government, Old Town's sets had fallen off.  But locals have taken the reigns, the swell is building as a winter renaissance is in the midst.

City Hall























Still would like to see more.  I mean the inlet is a highlight of Ocean City.  The local council and businesses need to keep it pumpin' even in the off season.  Anyway, that's my rant.

Residual of the Inlet displays




























  Finished the night with a most interesting DIPA...Crown Valley Brewing's Gunslinger. Big malt sweetness with an even bigger hop punch.  the 93 IBUs attest to that.  I liked the balance, and I could say I liked the tastes of maple-toffee combined with grapefruit. Almost too heavy and sweet for an IPA (did I say that?).  The alcohol content at 9% means any more than two and it'll be an early night, son.  Pours a hazy copper with about a finger head.  Fair lacing. I rated this one a B.
Billy Clanton: "You're so drunk, you
can't hit nuthin'.  In fact, you're
probably seein' double."
Doc Holliday: (takes out a second gun)
"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
-from the movie TOMBSTONE






















Nice finish.  Nice night.

No comments:

Post a Comment