Monday, December 8, 2014

Overcoming The Dark Days, notes from the Rogue.

In need of the Maytag repairman.  Castles at 37th. 12/7/2014

Feeling the season.  Castle in the Sand.

   It is the season of darkness.  The sun is gone by 5. Days maniacally shortened. Not enough sunlight to go around, especially considering the clouds and rain lately. Temps have been chilled, but not freezing. Water hanging in the low 50's. I was looking towards this past weekend anticipating my last "get wet" day of the year. So a Nor'easter blew into town pretty much stirring the Atlantic up into a churning mess. Not to be. Dark days to be sure. In church this weekend the sermon was about surviving the dark days of the season. The stress, the doubt, the money, the depression, the lack of surf. I suppose it gets to a lot of people. Myself, I feel the stress of needing to get shit done. The shopping, the decorating. Short work month, but the same sales and shipping requirements. I have a family genetic problem that plaques me... procrastination. And as I watch my kids grow and mature I have seen that same defect has been passed along. I'm attracted to it. Even my woman has it. Pile on the stress baby! But, the treatment is simple. And this treatment doesn't just help me to survive, it helps me to overcome. Friends. Family. Simple. This is a photo blog of Thanksgiving. Christmas should be a blast!

Teammates...Cousins

Mother...Daughter
The Star...The Bro...The Bird
Thanksgiving Day, Smyrna, DE. 11/27/2014
Evo's Secret Spot, an Altbier perfect 
for the colder seasons' celebrations.
6.3% keeps the consumption down,
40IBUs makes for a crisp finish.

Zu Zu's petals, what's all the hub-bub Bub.



Yeah right, red suit, white beard...
Down the chimney? With Presents?
Really?

Not football, Foosball.

Proud uncle

Bros.





































OCMD Inlet, 11/28/014



















Hibernation Ale.  Great Divide's take on
an English style Old Ale.  A rich malty 
warmer for the coldest days, and nights.
And the 8.7%ABV helps. A nice balance
of hops at 37 IBUs.
















Brothers Watt

Gotta Love Thrashers Fries!











Family.  Boardwalk & Inlet. Ocean City, MD 11/28/2014


Mother's Birthday...80 years strong!
Adriana's Winterfest of Lights...
Northside Park,  OCMD 11/30/2014

A child's wonder.
Jaws!
Family overcomes...always!

No comments:

Post a Comment