Monday, August 3, 2015

Just One More; Letting Go Pt. 2, the Rogue's notes.

"You're always checking the weather, the swell, and just getting amped about finding
 waves somewhere."  - Dale Webster
Knee or less, but a stoked day on the water. Castles at 38th. 7/22/2015


   I find myself missing the 'Shore. As I pack up my home I am stressing about the magnitude of it all. My fiance is with me. My calming force. But as a mid-west native, she finds herself wondering if I can handle leaving the embrace of the Atlantic. It's for a while. Not permanent. I keep telling myself. Still, we say a few years...an unspecific amount of time. My surf-time has fallen off. Went last week. Gorgeous evening on the water. Not very big...knee at best. But very clean, with clear, warm water. The crowded line-up (both surfers and tourons alike) attested to that.
'Shore country...the road to ye 'ole Homestead. 7/24/2015




























   This week sucked. As in a sucking beach break chock full of walls of salt and sand. Beggin' to snap a board...or at least a fin. It was like Neptune himself was saying "Enough! No entrada." Still a few more days before I head out. Ahhhhhhh. Hope. One of my favorite quotes: "When the world says give up, Hope whispers...try it one more time." Looking for one more.
Suck me! No rides allowed, Holidays at 66th. 7/30/2015

   Heavy-hearted days called for heavier beers. Sitting on my front stoop, Flying Dog's Kujo was right at home. Strong coffee aroma with a boozy background. An Imperial Stout that at 8.9% alcohol, needs to be reeled in before too many are let loose. Rounded out by a nice hoppiness (40 IBUs). Tastes of coffee and dark chocolate. Poured a deep, dark, brown with a light brown finger and a half head. Thick chocolate colored lacing. Got this one from a coworker as a going -away offering. As I said, a bit boozy but still like my coffee! Rated a B.
"It's not drinking alone if the dog is
home"   -Anonymous

Solemn Oath...so far my favorite Mid-West brewery. They continue to satisfy. Wreckage Master is an American Double/Imperial IPA full of juicy, grapefruity hops...115 IBUs worth! That being said, aromas of island mango and citrus. Tastes of swirled caramel in the back and tart, bitter grapefruit up front. Poured an amber-orange with an off white one finger head. Another heavy-weight champ. Rated an A.


No comments:

Post a Comment