Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Stranded, the Rogue's notes.

"What's so bad about surfing? Cold damp wet suits in the winter..." -Jonathan Hopkins
Stranded high and not so dry. Warrenville, IL 1/6/2016.

















   It's hit. Winter. Hit hard too. At least in the Midwest part of my world. Sub-zero temps. Subber-zero wind chills. Snow. I used ta like snow. Now...after day one, I'm done. And, with über cold, the shit just don't melt. Ice. I didn't like it on the Bay. Looked pretty. That's about it. In the Chi-town 'burbs: very annoying. I'm waiting to break my ass any day now. And I drive in it every day. Just crap. Can't help but feel stranded on an iceberg. The Shore conditions don't help none. Water's still around 50 degrees. Although it's a bit nip as they're go in' through a cold spell; at night dipping into the upper 20's, low 30's. Even with a warmer Atlantic, chest high swell, and sun... doubt I'd go. Doubt. Yeah. Stranded. She's worth it. Bring on the cold.
   Brew review. 4 Hands Brewing Company outta St. Louis. Don't believe I've had any of their beers. Passion Fruit Prussia, a Berliner Weisse style, i.e., Sour. A Christmas gift from my Son. Lisa loves 'em. And I am developing somewhat of an affinity for them myself. This one had a clear gold pour with a thin white head. Smells and tastes were of tart passion fruit, but a hair weak going down. 11 IBUs gave a pinch of a bite. Still, I get stoked as to how refreshing the sour styles are. And at 4% ABV you can throw a few back. Sours supposedly pair well with seafood... Ice cold water? Bring on the oysters! B-ish rating.
"And now I wish I was somewhere
other than here.
Down in some honky tonk, sippin'
on a beer."
-Great Filling Station Holdup, J.Buffett

No comments:

Post a Comment