Monday, June 5, 2017

My Element, the Rogue's notes.

Droppin' into foam; still got a kick and felt the stoke. Couldn't wait to go after the next one.
Holiday's, 66th Street in the OC. 6/1/2017














"The longer you surf, the more you begin to appreciate that pretty
much any wave will do. It's not so much the actual ride as it is just 
being there - just being able to get out there and go through the 
whole experience."      -Gerry Lopez

   Sea air fillin' my lungs. Full suit. Boots. No gloves. After the initial shock, I was continuously doing the cold salt submerge to cool down. Once my hands got used to the low 60's water temps and I had snipped the first couple short cruises, I reclaimed my element. Semi-clean thigh with occasional waist point breaks. Mid- tide, goin' low. A few righties breakin'. A few lefties. No excuse for the number of misses I had. Clearly relapsed a bit deep into kook form. No worries. I live near the water now. Near my element. Missed a May surf. Early June start. Busy settlin' in, but uh... Yeah. I've said it before- water time, need more.
   Tropical Torpedo IPA. A weapons grade infusion of hop bitterness. Kinda like the sharp sting of that initial cold slap of Lady Atlantic with or without the rubber. Sierra Nevada delivers the rush of hops with the tropical aromatics of papaya, mango, and grapefruit. Clean golden pour with a finger plus head. Good carbo. Decent lacing. Fruity sweet taste up front with a dry, bitter finish in the end. Good IPA. Not as "go to" as the Torpedo IPA itself, but well worth the purchase. Rated a B+.
"Buy any two drinks, and 
pay for them both." 
-sign in bar

No comments:

Post a Comment