Monday, August 9, 2021

Hittin' Sixty, from the Rogue's notebook.

Prepping for the 48th Annual White Marlin Open. Sunset Marina, 8/1/2021.
"As it jumped up," he remembers, "I looked at it and thought,
'that's a winner.' I had crazy thoughts that no one would
believe this- me hooking the winner in the last hour of the
last day of fishing." And then he had an even crazier thought.
"I thought, 'White marlin, you've been good to me,'" Jim
Motsko says. "And I let him go. In my heart, I knew it was a
big fish, probably a winner. But I wasn't going to kill the fish.
White marlin have been too good to me." -the Baltimore Sun

     I had told the wife, "no surprises, no party." Did she listen? F#*k no! Never wanna lose her, lemme tell ya! Had the WMO goin' on. She brought in just about all the family...kids, grandkids, Corcoran's. Weather was back and forth during the week, between rain and sun. But still put in water time. Tubin'. Boatin'. Surfin'. And plenty of eatin' out and at home. Chicken, brats, burgers, beer, and yes...steamed crabs! Not a bad start to hittin' sixty.

At 561lbs.,2nd place...first
Blue Marlin caught.
Once in a lifetime!

















White Marlin Open Grand Prize Winners
Last hour of the last day, 8/6/2021 - $3.2mil



DuClaw Brewing's PastryArchy
Root Beer Float. An imperial Brown.
Bro In-Law brought this one in.
Ruby-brown pour with a big,
2-finger, tan head. Aromas of
vanilla and nuts. Some sassafrass.
Definite root beer. Tasted sweet, 
with some cocoa and pepper. No
root beer taste. Finish reflected more
bitterness than the 39 IBUs shown.
8.7% ABV made for slow sippin. 
Rated a B-.









Lazy Lizard dinner, 8/6/2021.









Maryland's finest Blues.





Birthday Crab Feast - all family, all day. 8/7/2021

An IPA brewed with Salt Water
that. OC Summer in a bottle. 
Thin white head capped a
hazy, gold pour. Lemon, vanilla,
 and grass in the scent. Grassy 
flavors with a malt backbone. 
Juicy hops -mild bitterness at 
30 IBUs. 7.6% ABV made it robust.
Solid brew. Rated a B. 




Holiday's, 8/8/2021.












Stoked gift- In-Law surf, 8/8/2021.






No comments:

Post a Comment