Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lucky Stick, notes from the Rogue

   St. Patty's day weekend.  Getting a little spring cleanin' done.  Off with the old, fix the dings, wax that stick.  Gotta say, there were a few times last summer when I thought I'd come away without a single wave, and the Town n Country would come thru with that sweet ride before the bell tolled the evening's end.  Not what I consider my magic stick, but most definitely a lucky one in the pinch.
Wax on. Wax off.







   What to apply as the night's lead-in? Have ta be a Black 'n Tan.  New Belgium's spring pale ale Dig - 5.6% ABV, 36 IBUs -  topped with Murphy's Irish Dry Stout - 4%ABV.  Wow!  The creamy, nutty, chocolate tone of the Nitro pour leads into the sharp lemon/peach citus hops of the Dig. Really impresses from the first taste, to the last. A malty crisp finish; unique for a B&T.  A bit heavy, but... I still had two.   Rate it a B+. Dig it!
"There are only two times when I drink beer:
 when I'm alone, and when I'm with someone else."

-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment