Wednesday, October 9, 2013

October Feisty, notes from the Rogue

8th Street, Malibu's 10/9

This afternoon was a mess.  Near double overhead produced by a feisty October Nor'easter.  Rain that pelts your face.  Walking to my Terrain, I didn't need the Weather Channel to tell me my hump-day surf was pretty much off.  The board I had slid into the back was beggin' dude, seriously.  No smash wish today.  Big diff from last week. The only thing I fought were the sandcrabs.  $hit, big change from the weekend.
Anklets.  47th Street, 10/3











   Got me a fair Brown Ale recently.  Another Georgetown, DE winner outta 16 Mile Brewing Company.  6.1% ABV gives Harvest Ale a warming quality.  Pours a deep brown, almost like a porter, but with the lighter taste of a brown ale. Good lacing. Okay carbonation.  Tastes of cinnamon, caramel, chocolate, and wood like.  Yeah, like fresh chopped wood.  Creamy and somewhat, though not overly malty.  IBUs approximately 25.  Great food beer.  Rated it B, and that's good since I'm not a big Brown Ale fan.
"You can't buy happiness but you 
can buy beer.  It's almost the 
same thing."
                            -Anonymous





No comments:

Post a Comment