Thursday, January 23, 2014

Freezin' My A$$ Off!, notes from the Rogue

Post Janus, 1/22

   Single digits.  It was zero, this morning.  F*#king Zero! Winter Storm Janus just carved through.  Not a ton, but enough snow to make everyone clear the shelves of bread, milk, and toilet paper.  The wind.  A lotta cold-a$$ wind.  Think I've said it before. Wind'll kill ya.  The MD Right Coast is in a serious deep freeze.  House is cold.  Truck is cold.  $hit, I was shoveling snow.  Boots, gloves, all layered up... my fingers and toes still got froze.  Freezin' my a$$ off man, no lie.  We ain't even outta January yet. Damn month is draggin'.  Everything moves slower when it's cold.  Yes, I'm bitchin' and Yes, I'm moanin'.
  Wanna beat the freeze?  Drink up.  5 Rabbit Cerveceria out of Bedford Park, Illinois. These guys put out a nice 6.4% ABV elixer that'll warm ya.  Their American Pale Ale offering; 5 Grass Hoppy Ale.  Unfiltered, it pours a dark cloudy amber with a finger and a half white head.  Good lacing.  Aromas filled with spices... ginger, juniper, and sage and of course grapefruit.  Hints of fresh grass and herbs.  Little smell of summer maybe? Light taste of malt up front with 60 IBUs of freah, hoppy, crispness in the finish. Gonna have another.  Chase away the chill.  I rated this a B+.
Macuilmalinalli, alias 5 Grass - one of
 the five Gods of Excess.  Grab a six!



















An icy Assawoman Bay fronts a firey sunset painted OC Gold Coast.
-photo/Coast Dispatch
















No comments:

Post a Comment