Monday, February 3, 2014

Cold Relief, notes from the Rogue













   Nice weekend. 50+ degrees F.  Can't beat that after all this snow and single digit crap. As much snow as the Island got (close to 8"), Ocean City still had quite a bit layin' around despite the warm up. Calm day though. Thigh to waist points. Translucent green salted around 40F. Nice relief from the cold, but I can still feel Spring 'bout two months away.
Snowblind.  11th street, 2/2































   My latest appraisal is Fin City Brewing's Jackspot Amber Ale.  Sessionable at 5.8% an Amber/Red Ale that drinks similar to a Sam Adams Boston Lager (IBUs approx 20-30).  I had this in a growler originally, not a good traveller.  In a bottle, much fresher taste.  Dark, clear, amber color with a thin off white head.  Malt front, medium aroma and taste of toffee, with a light hop background.  I drank several, so not bad.  Didn't wow me, but not bad.  C+ rating.
"If I saved all the money I spent
on beer, I'd spend it on beer"
-Earl Dibbles, Jr.

   For Super Sunday I brought in a super IPA. Deschutes Brewery's Inversion.  I've stayed in Bend, Oregon.  The Riverhouse Hotel, rooms with a sliding glass doors that opened to the Deschutes River. This beer takes me back.  Awesome area.  Skiing, beer, hiking, beer, mountain biking, beer...you get the point. The brew takes it's namesake seriously. A yin of crystal malts overrun by the yang of five different hop varieties including the local Cascade.  Pours a cloudy, amber-brown with a finger white head.  Light caramel taste with strong notes of grapefruit and mango. Powerfully hopped at 80 IBUs and a moderate 6.8% ABV. Rated an A-.  Git It Boy!












No comments:

Post a Comment