Sunday, March 15, 2015

Closing In, notes from the Rogue.

"It's that time of day. When we bottle up the sun. Let our inhibitions run.
Feeling courageous and numb."
 
-Kenny Chesney
OC's southwest coast; Sinepuxent Bay.  3/12/2015.

   Got a buddy of mine at the gym who's been surfing the cold sauce all winter. Hard core. Course, he mentioned that a few times at head high plus (yeah, those winter lows will give us some unpleasant pleasantries) he gave it a pass.  Too much time under...instant ice cream head. No fun. So, he sticks to the chest to head or less. Calm, near windless days. Water in the 30's...not for me. However Sun's up, snow's melting, air 'n seas are warming. All I need is to get the boots and gloves straight. New ones maybe. I can feel it. The next surf. I'm closing in.
The next session awaits.













   Closed out a couple bottles of a tasty IPA over the weekend. Firestone Walker Brewing, located on California's Central Coast, has been around since 1996. Union Jack IPA measures 70 IBUs as a result of a double dry hopping process (sounds painful I know), and exhibits in both aroma and flavor strong grapefruit and orange citrus with pine impressions. Clear, honey-gold pour. Strong lacing. Tight hop bitterness lends to an almost sweet (partially due to the 7.5% ABV), but crisp finish. I rated this a B+. Very good brew.
"In a study, scientists report that drinking
beer can be good for the liver. I'm sorry,
did I say 'scientists'? I meant Irish
people."                                  -Tina Fey

No comments:

Post a Comment