Friday, May 27, 2016

Take You Back, the Rogue's notes.

"Well push me back. You're pushin' me too far. I love you for, what I saw before. I squeeze you and I held you,
but I could not tell you I love you, you, you, you, you, you."
  -Valentine, Take You Back v2

Scratching stoke. 66th Street, Holidays.  5/26/2016, OCMD




   Filled my lungs with salt air. Felt the "not so bad" chill of the 58 degree Atlantic as it found the various paths of least resistance through the rubber. Full suit, boots, gloves. Days prior to the trip I purposely laid off in the gym to minimize the stiffness. Helped a little I suppose. However, rubber adds stiffness regardless of the ease of the workouts. Low tide. On shore winds choppin' it up at about fifteen knots; south, southeast. Semi-knurled knee to thigh high swell. If I tried reeeal hard I could imagine a laced waisty here and there. First surf of the year.
   Light northerly current; seemed to drain me trying to hold position. Matter of fact almost every ride, no matter how short, seemed to drain me some. One of my struggles in patience is putting into play a focus on enjoying the moment. I strained to show Mother Ocean some love. Fatigue makes that difficult. All about surf shape. Eight hundred travel miles is an arduous handicap to overcome. Water time is dampened; no pun intended. Therefore, this is a mental skill I continue to work on. Still...I took her back. There were a few rides in this first evening that I felt the stoke again. That and getting wet makes it all worthwhile.
"Well you put me down, put me down real nice. This love affair is takin' the largest slice, from my life I can
see it startin' out gonna have more meaning girl, girl...if I just take you back."
 -Take You Back v3
Taking back, OCMD. 5/26/2016



   This post's brew review is one that I've been wanting to include, but was waiting for the right hole to open up. This be it. Sours are becoming more popular as it seems almost every brewery is coming out with it's own. Lagunitas is no exception. Aunt Sally is a sweet tart of a Sour Mash Ale. Seems their version of a Lactobacillus and hop mix comes up pretty lip smackin' tasty. A cross between chewable vitamins and smarties. A healthy bounce off the wall with a 33 IBU hop twist. Poured a clear straw-gold with a fast dissolving one finger head. Very little lace. Tart mac-apple aroma with a mix of pine. Tastes of sour candy and citrus fruit with a nice light resin hop finish. At 5.7% ABV, I had a few. Rated an A-/B+. 
"You remember it like it was yesterday,
the beer flowed like music. The music
was all that mattered."  -Lagunitas

Sunset on the St. Martin River. 5/26/2016
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment