Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sleep In, notes from the Rogue.

"I've been surfing a couple of years...in the offseason. I'm not very good, but it's just something that to be out
 there in the water, no cell phone, no music...very few sports are as pure as that." 
                                                                                              -Troy Polamalu, former Steelers player
Post-Thanksgiving clean up, 7th Street & Malibu beach. 11/24/2017. (MSS Pic)

   I woke up Thanksgiving morning to my Wife doing the treadmill. What an example! One I did not follow. Should have. Kicked myself in the ass that I did not use the opportunity to grab that last surf of the year. Water has stayed warm...in the mid to upper 50's most of the month. Even the conditions, thigh to waist and semi-clean, screamed "carve me like a T-Day Turkey!" My sorry ass slept in. Add that I don't do much after the water drops below 50F. Didn't matter. Didn't go. Probably the last chance. 
OP Christmas Lights
Very busy weekend. Delaware dinner with my bros, both their  family and mine. Always cheerful chaos. 1st anniversary. Saint Michaels had our reservation all over it. Gettin'  the Point set up with Christmas stoke. December...another busy month coming up as we are heading to Chicago for Christmas. No worries. Back on the Eastern Shore. Keep telling myself...I will take advantage in the Spring!


Wades Point...still standin' after year 1.














Kemps' Camp...family lookout.



   Two brews to further my apathy. O'Connor Brewing's Great Dismal. A Black IPA. Black, like it's namesake, the Virginia-North Carolina swamp that was once part of the Intracoastal. Actually poured a dark brown with thin lacing and a single finger tannish-brown head. Smelled of sweet malt, pine and caramel. Flavor included the characteristic citrus of the hops. Resinous. Roasted... almost burnt taste. The 65 IBUs made it dankish, which helped. Couple of these 7.5% 'ers and I could almost forget about the missed session. Almost. Rated a B/B-.
   Leinenkugel's Pumpkin Patch Shandy. Brother served this up with Thanksgiving dinner. Poured a pale orange with a finger plus white head that dissipated as fast as the thin lacing. My I could see why my brothers would like this. Low alcohol at 4.2%. Almost no hop presence at 11IBUs. A Wheat Beer with pumpkin pie spices. Could smell the pie, but tasted watered down. Very weak. Added nothing to the meal. Rated a C-/D+.
"If you want to save a species, 
simply decide to eat it. Then it
will be managed- like chickens,
like turkeys, like deer, like
Canadian geese." - Ted Nugent

Offseason at Lookout Point, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment