Sunday, June 20, 2021

Off, from the Rogue's notebook.

"Saltwater cures everything." -P.Dunn
In touch with the end of a short right, 66th and Holidays. 6/16/2021
     Waves weren't big. Maybe a waist set here and there. Just disorganized and sectioned. And winds ENE. I could not get comfortable no matter how hard I tried. Struggled for position. No rides. No decent ones anyways. Know it's been a long off-season. But, I was feeling off. Way off. Only cure? More water time. Gotta get off my ass and into it.
     Brew of recent. West OC's Fin City; getting into the summer season. Endless Chummer, an unfiltered Watermelon IPA. Sightly hazy, yellow-amber pour. Thin white head. Plenty of carbonation. Thin lacing. Strong, sweet smell of watermelon and grapefruit. Then the taste. Very medicinal. Like a hoppy cough syrup. Sucrets! That was it. Cherry classic Sucrets throat lozenges. I got a sixer of this. With each one I try to overcome the thought of what it tastes like. Try to find the hazy, hoppy (70 IBUs), IPA in this 6.6% brew. Better on a sweltering hot day is the best I can say. Cool can graphics, but Damn! Nearly as bad as my sesh. C-/D+ on the rating. And that's a gift.
"Life is too short to drink bad beer."
 -DQ

No comments:

Post a Comment