Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Swingin' Wood, from the Rogue's notebook.

Sinepuxent overlook- Rum Pointe Seaside Links, 6/21/2021.
    Father-In-Law in town.  He was to humor me by watching my boxing match with the Atlantic. I was doing the same for his golf. That's his game. Do I play? I play. Yeah, I'm a kook. My buddies JR and Canman joined us. The banter and the slices made the stoke worthwhile. I know as much about courses as I do the game. Scottish style course with all the latest GPS accoutrements in the carts.
Par, distance, distance for the next shot. Very impressive. My In-Law...the Italian Chico... was more impressed with my antique fairway woods than my performance. However, he had offered to treat, so I was stoked that he was stoked.

As was tradition for JR, a shot of Fireball before closing the 18th hole nearly four hours later. Take that built edge off. More a game of frustration (wanted to do more than just swing that wood) and endurance. We finished the afternoon with a side trip to check the Assateague horses, and a couple brews from Sinepuxent Farm Brewery. Nice day off.
Downtown St. Michaels, 6/20/2021.
   Day before, Father's Day trip to St. Michaels. The IC had never been to the land of our  nuptials, otherwise known as the Town That Fooled the British. Took 'im on a tour through Wades Point, home of shipwright Thomas Kemp, where the party began and main event took place...



Eastern Shore Brewing's Crosby
Pils & Mash. Liked the name and
the can of this refreshing Pilsner.
Clocked in at 5.2%. Aromas of lemon
and grains, with added grassiness
 in the taste. Low IBUs. Classic
pilsner made more bracing with a
 squeeze of lime. Clear straw pour with
with a thin bubbly head. Not bad.
 B- rating.
...through town to Eastern Shore Brewing (pre-event party), and finished up at what was our close the night party at Town Dock, which since has become Foxy's Harbor Grille including dinner overlooking St. Michaels Harbor
Hazy New England fruited Double IPA.
Summer Crush, ESB's version of the Orange
Crush. Heavy in orange and pineapple
scents. Some classic IPA grapefruit and bitter
citrus (about 40 IBUs) in the flavor profile.
Dank, very hazy pour with a thin, white head.
At 10% ABV, a dangerous summer beer.
Rated a B+.









Little history. Some local brews. Dinner on the waterfront. Yeah, he got it.







Yacht Rock!...quintessential lineup. Foxy's waterfront, St. Michaels Harbor. 7/20/2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment