Sunday, May 10, 2015

Shake The Rust; Bring the Pain, notes from the Rogue

"The older I get, the more I find myself gravitating toward the why of riding waves than the how."
                                                                                                     -Nick McGregor, ESM

















   Got that first ride of the season last week. Shook off the rust. Actually more like wiped off the rust, as many times as I ate it...in only thigh to waist. Even spun one and snapped the head back. Sore. But nice.
The OC was clouded in a veil of fog. Dampened everything including my motivation. First face-plant cured that. Water; a comfortable 53F.  Mean that. Didn't experience that head squeezin' cold. Not sure if that's good or bad. Seems the older I get the more it must hurt to induce the catalyst of rage. Gimme that impulse. So...bring the pain.
   
   Surf Ryder, a rye IPA from Ocean City Brewing Company has an ABV of 6.5% which can provide some level of pain relief, was my beer selection of the weekend.  Poured a clear light amber with a one and a half finger, white head. Loaded with resiny hop aroma and plenty of citrus and mango in each taste. No IBUs listed, but above 50. Nice lacing and carbonation. First rating of OCBC...gave this a B.
"Absolutely no alcohol beyond this point...so
start chugging."  
      -Sign at a Beach Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment