Thursday, October 18, 2012

Short Night Slop, notes from the Rogue

Sunset, 10/18
   Out for some surf and beer this evening.  Awesome head high plus surf earlier in the week thanks to Rafael, and clean swell in the waist high range expected over the weekend (plan on takin' advantage of that!).
Rafael's start, last week's waist highs.  10/10















Tonight, the elements just didn't line up.  A waist high, low tide, mushburger of a sloppy mess. Tack on a 6:15 pm sunset, i.e. short session time, and I'd almost say the trip wasn't worth it.  Almost.  It's always good to get wet.
Tonight's wash load, 10/18

Spaced-out Hurricane Rafael,
10/17 
Though the 15 mph onshores had a bite to 'em, the water is still in the mid 60's.  I did manage a couple of rides that rocked me around like a roller coaster. And the post surf beer, well lemme tell ya...

   New Belgium's fall seasonal Red Hoptober.  On draft at a local BBQ Pit... at 6% ABV and 60 IBUs, you know it's got my vote as one of the best of the seasonals so far. Another surprisingly good Red Ale (this may be winning me over).  A deep, clear, red-amber pour with a nice two finger head.  Plenty of lacing and the level of carbonation and malt balance made it an easy drinker despite the strong piney hop-forward tang that finishes it. Definitely gettin' me a six.  Rated this Typhoon class brew an A!
Captain Borodin: "Well then, in winter I
will live in ...Arizona.  Actually, I think I 
will need two wives."
Captain Ramius: "Oh, at least."

No comments:

Post a Comment