Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Crabby Father's Day, notes from the Rogue

10 years past, Dad and Daughter out to eat...time flies!
   Father's Day was quiet, couldn't surf (see Sunday's post), both kids working.  But yesterday, I got me a me a great present.  Dinner with my daughter!  And she treated to all-you-can-eat crabs specifically.  My son and daughter are both grown, with restaurant jobs right now...which on any holiday keeps them busy, so to have this opportunity to spend one on one with my little girl and some great seafood was pure jam.  Red Roost in Whitehaven, MD. The place is out in the middle of nowhere...literally.  Even at 24, my daughter rang off several "are we there yet?" 's before we finally drove into the lot.   But the converted chicken house brings the people in...which says a lot about its offering. Crabs and beer, summer's here!

Evo's Summer Session and Crabs...a real summer session!











 




   The night's pairing with crabs was Evolution Craft Brewing's Summer Session Ale. I've had this one at their tasting room as well.  Pours a hazy pale gold with a finger and a half pillowy white head and weighing in at 4.6% ABV.  Plenty of lacing left behind (even in a plastic cup). With 25 IBUs to lift it, the taste was of sweet grains with a light hop background.  A slightly above average wheat and rye beer that meets the purpose... refreshing after any summer session; mowing the lawn, afternoon surf, all-you-can-eat crabs with your daughter.
The evening got an A+ and the brew a C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment