Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Lil Sumpin' Sumpin', notes from the Rogue


6/21 - a Lil Sumpin' there.
Just enough out there to catch a lil sumpin' sumpin' on low tide. Knee to an extreme occasional waist...maybe thigh high set here and there. The Solstice has arrived though! I have finally shed all rubber for the summer. Water in the low 70's. No backsides, but grabed a rail on a few rights with the T&C. I like it!










Late night. Met up with some family a Smitty McGees after the evenings surf. Very nice time. Always cool to hear my Uncle's war stories and about my father. My brother and his family and my sister-in law up from FL. as well. Good times. Good times.
Believe me, he's smiling
This posting's short and sweet. Gettin' up early for a sweeet vacation in Colorado. But, I depart with a lil' diddy on Lagunitas Brewing Company's A Little Sumpin' Wild Ale. A Belgian style IPA packin' a wallop with 72.5 IBUs and 9.4%ABV. The nose is full of citrus and pine as would be expected. Pouring a bright coppery haze with a bit more than a finger's head. Nice lacing with every quaff. Hint of spice in the taste with some sweetness to go with the crispy bitter bite expected in the finish. Great drinkability...bold but not too heavy, though a tad boozy (Surprised? No.). I gave this one an A-.
"I would not have thought of eating
a meal without drinking a beer."

-Ernest Hemingway



No comments:

Post a Comment