Sunday, July 21, 2013

Fish On or Off, Gotta Pay The Man -notes from the Rogue.

No fish, no worries...yet.  7/20
  Long week at work.  Small surf all week with this heatwave we have sitting on the area.  Humidity.  Heat index over 100F.  Decided to relax on the bay, do a little fishing. Guldelsky Park off Old Bridge Road. Nice southwesterly breeze. A little music from a bar across the bay.  Water had cleared. Flounder supposedly running. Strong current heading out to the inlet.  Nothing. Only nibbles were the crabs stealin' my shiners.  To add insult to injury, a bored DNR cop lets me know about the latest in fishing regulations including the past year's requirement for a recreational fishing license. Didn't know I needed one.  Didn't have one.  So, Mr. DNR Officer gives me a $75 citation as a reminder for any future "relaxing" fishing I might do, (a week 's pass is only $6 - yeah, sucks!).  Another lesson in "ignorance is no excuse."  More government in our lives.  Just what we need.  So much for a restful PM.  Gotta pay to relax.
   Since I wasn't feelin' the love, my beer of choice this evening was Victory Brewing's Summer Love Golden Ale.  The 5.5% ABV made for easy drinking, pouring a golden blonde with a two finger white head and good lacing.  Smooth taste similar to a pilsner with light bitterness (25 IBUs) and slightly sweet finish. Not the greatest, but satisfying. I rated it a B+ for showing me a little Summer Love.
"You wanna dance, ya gotta pay the
band.  You wanna borrow (or fish) ya 
gotta pay the man"       -Rocky Balboa

No comments:

Post a Comment